Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Arisaema grifithii

Posted by bluebonsai101 6a PA (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 17, 06 at 23:07

Well, these were not my biggest flowers of the standard Ar. griffithii, but I still love the classic netting look on the spathe!!

Image hosting by Photobucket

I just can not get enough of the griffithii group :o) Dan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Arisaema grifithii

Dan-

This is the standard form ? it looks soo cool! I did as you instructed with the Giant bulb you sent me. Put it in just damp potting soil. I checked it out yesterday and it is forming rootnubs, SO.. Im gonna put it into a nice big clay pot and keep a good eye on the dampness. There appears to be two large shoots on it, so who knows.. two flowers?

I cannot wait for this one to take off.

Chris

o
RE: Arisaema grifithii

Hi Chris, Just be gentle with the water until she is up above soil level....they need almost nothing to get going if it is in just barely moist mix...sounds like you are off to a good start...please do post a pic of this beuaty when she blooms!! The fundamental difference between the common form and the Pradhanii variant is both the size of the influorescence and the fact that Pradhanii has a much more distinct yellow netting on the outside of the spathe....hard to know what I am talking about if you do not see them side by side I suppose.....I've had several of each bloom, but did not take pics of the other....maybe whe the next few bloom :o) Dan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here