Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bulbifer to flower or not?

Posted by jardinerowa 10 (My Page) on
Thu, May 9, 13 at 3:18

Hey,

I have a bulbifer corm that I got that was flowering size. It has a growth point and no root nubs since I got it over a month ago but does not look it has to blooms any time soon and it is already May.
There is however slight pink growths that look like mini fingers that appeared at the very base of the growth point. It doesn't look the root nubs that I've seen on my konjacs. Anyway, could it still bloom or do you think not this year? Thanks!

Z

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bulbifer to flower or not?

Possible. Is your corm planted? If not, I suggest potting it into a plastic pot c drainage and watering one time. Plant as deep as corm is high. Do not water again until you see the spike break the surface. At that time, you should be able to tell if your plant is going to bloom.
If plant blooms, do not water. If plant produces a leaf, water profusely. Excess water should run off freely, leaving soil moist and not soggy. Feed and water often until Fall, or until you plant goes dormant.

o
RE: Bulbifer to flower or not?

Thanks for the response. So the growing point started to go black and now it looks like it is not going to flower. :( The bulb is not rotten but I guess it will just put out a leaf this year. I guess I can just concentrate on watering it and fertilizing it well this year to hopefully get the corm as big as possible before digging up. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here