Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Morphs on prime-time news!

Posted by CarolynA sierras (My Page) on
Thu, May 26, 05 at 10:20

There was a segment on a news channel in Los Angeles last night about a "rare" amorphophallus that was in bloom at a Southern Calif university. I saw it on Directv at 10pm. It said it was the first time the plant had bloomed in 30 years. They didn't say the name of the plant but it looked like my Dracunculus Vulgaris. It was pretty cool to see one of our stinky little friends on Prime Time! Whoohoo!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Morphs on prime-time news!

Tonight on local TV here in southern Louisiana, of all places, there was a very brief feaure about an Amorphophallus titanum blooming in San Diego. I think the local reporter called it an arum lily, but the picture was quite unmistakable. Had some jocular remarks about why anyone would grow a stinky plant. Ha Ha! Guess I should be grateful for anything about them. Maybe I should even send them an email thanking them. Couldn't have been yours, I don't think, 'cause they said it only bloomed every other year--not every thirty years!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here