Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Colocasia white lava

Posted by dogboy7 Atlanta GA (My Page) on
Mon, May 27, 13 at 18:18

Anyone have experience with this plant? Got it from Home Depot - looks like Nancy's revenge. Can't find any information on it's culture.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Colocasia white lava

never heard of it but a pic would be super nice.. did the pot sticker say white lava? any info on what greenhouse it came from on the back of it?

just googled it..if it looks anything like the pic I found I WANT ONE NOW!

This post was edited by miketropic on Mon, May 27, 13 at 21:17

o

Link to picture

Here is a link that might be useful: VIVA! White Lava Colocasia

o

That's crazy man those are not supposed to be on the market yet!

It's the latest patent on the list on of John cho

I've remained generally unimpressed by his hybrids but there's finally a few that are getting some where, like white lave and black coral!

o

that is spectacular! how big do they grow?

o

After a bit more research I discussed this with somone else and we both came to the same conclusion. One problem that could arise is that with nancys revenge in the gene pool sometimes the white mid rib will not show itself in our short growing season. If this is true then the white lava would just look like any other old colocasia. unless he has found a way to express the white mid rib from the newest leaves I would be leary of it for awhile.

o

I'll get a picture off ASAP. New leaves open with the white marking. It' s putting out quite a few sprouts. These do not have the mark. Probably will develop after they reach some size. Home Depot only charged me $7.00. Should have gotten more.

o

I checked mine already...no luck
:c

o

Here's a photo

Here is a link that might be useful: http://picasa.com

o

heading to FLA on sat. if I find any I will pick up a few

o

The color up much quicker than nancyana, my white lava have lots of white, my nancy just threw its first colored leaf last week, it's just a bit of white in between the lobes...

o

Above is white lava
Below nancyana

o

These arrived this week at Home Depot in Richmond, VA. Not my favorite, given the wrinkled distorted leaves which are typical for this variety.

o

Here is my white lava a couple of months later. If you look to the right you can also see Kona coffee mixed in with a few others.

Brad

Here is a link that might be useful: http://picasa.com

o

mine are very unpredictable and have flowered a few times but the flowers are sterile..nothing inside them

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here