Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Link for Calla cycles

Posted by minibot z9/10NorCA Sz17 (My Page) on
Tue, May 10, 05 at 22:24

Hello, I found a link here in some thread that I can't find any longer, and it was a link to the cycle of the calla bulbs and how they reproduced and what to expect for the growth cycle year by year. Sound familiar? Does anyone know which link I speak of? Please point me in the right direction :-) Thanks if you can help!

minibot

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Link for Calla cycles

• Posted by minibot z9/10NorCA Sz17 (My Page) on
    Sat, May 14, 05 at 6:18

I suppose no one remembers said link. :-( It went into detail about what happens with the tubers in the 2nd, 3rd and fourth years if I recall correctly. It had a nice diagram (which is a little of what my photographic memory can recall) and it showed the tubers putting out little tubers and said what exactly to expect year by year from the newer growths. I was just wondering because after three years my Zantedeschia rehmannii (sp?) is finally reblooming or re-spadixing :-). I was wondering if I should hold out on the others (not get rid of them), but actually, since one has finally put up a "flower" I can rest assured that the others will eventually. If anyone can recall that site, please list the Uniform Resource Locator please (or URL :-))! Thanks again!

minibot

o

This is not exactly what you're looking for but go to the calla ring and maybe someone can help you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Growing callas

o

• Posted by minibot z9/10NorCA Sz17 (My Page) on
    Sun, May 15, 05 at 18:12

Thanks cactusfreak! It was a cool link (german?) and it had a wonderful diagram of how the tubers multiplied. I guess I'll just have to learn what my tubers will do by digging them up and seeing how they multiply and take notes of when they flower :-) Hopefully that calla ring will help me immensely! Thanks again!

Jill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here