Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lagenandra flowering again

Posted by tropicbreezent (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 6, 13 at 2:50

Last season my Lagenandra lancifolia flowered while I was away. Just got back in time to see the last of the spathe disintergrating. However it's flowering again, although the spathe needs to open up a bit yet.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lagenandra flowering again

It's a native of Sri Lanka.

o

How did I miss this one?!?

I live the twisted spathe!

Can we get a leaf pic?

I'd have a time at ur place, I might end going native tho...

o

funny, I googled it and lots of euro sites come up - French, Spanish, Italian, polish, Russian. but not much in uk/us.
it's used in aquariums? or ponds?

o

I was given it without a name (and without a flower) so it took me quite a while to get an ID. That's what surprised me about it, what vague information there was came from Europe. I've never seen it anywhere here. The lady who gave it to me sells water plants, a lot of them aroids. She never told me where she got it from and I've never seen her put any up for sale. I've got 2 plants in the pot now and the second one is starting to put up a flower as well. I'm away from home at the moment but will have a look if I've got photos of the full plant with me.

o

I dug out a photo of the whole plant

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here