Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aris. sikokianum self fertile?

Posted by bubba62 7b (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 07 at 5:44

After many years of blooming without setting seed (I only have one plant, and it has never reproduced vegetatively), my Arisaema sikokianum appears to be setting seed this year. I'm not complaining, but I was under the impression that this species requires another clone to achieve pollination - any ideas on this subject?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aris. sikokianum self fertile?

They produce either male or female flowers. Usually male when they are exhausted and female when they are happy. One can't self pollinate because it's missing either male or female parts.

o

Thanks, md- exactly what I understood. So how come mine now has a big spike of berries? I do have about a dozen other arisaemas, but none was in bloom concurrently with sikokianum. Interesting to see where this leads, I guess...

o

Benefits of Gokshura herbs?

Gokshura is a natural remedy to treat depressed libido and erectile dysfunction
It toughens penile tissues and improves penile erection
It has aphrodisiac properties which help in increasing the semen quantity.
Increases testosterone level in male as it’s a nonhormonal biostimulator
It facilitates in lowering cholesterol levels in blood and regulates effect on blood sugar
It helps relive headaches and migraine
It helps in removing kidney stones, heals bladder infection and also urinary tract infection
It eliminates dysuria ( bleeding and pain while urinating)
It heals crystalluria ( crystal in urine)
It also works against diseases like diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus.

Here is a link that might be useful: Benefits of Gokshura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here