Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Repotting Amorphs?

Posted by Woodnative 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 30, 05 at 8:20

Is it ok to repot Amorphophallus at this time of year? This is my first experience with these interesting gems...two small konjacs and a large (but not yet flowering size) A. madagascariensis (sp?). In any case, I have a feeling they could use a larger pot than what I gave them. Is it safe to move them to a large pot, with minimal root disturbance?? The A. madag.. is in an 8" pot, the small konjacs in 4 and 5" pots.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Repotting Amorphs?

Hi, As long as the pot was atleast 2x the diameter of the tubers they should be OK and it might be best not to disturb. However, I have repotted after they were in full leaf before.....just carefully untangle a couple of root so that they reach into the new soil and you'll be fine.....like transplanting anything else in my experience. Best of luck :o) Dan

o
RE: Repotting Amorphs?

I do it whenever I see that a root ball is getting too large for the container I started it in. Generally you can tell this when it is growing out the bottom. Some of the species produce a large volume of roots plus runners with offsets. they will probably not like being disturbed but we do it with evrything you buy at a nursery for your garden. Remember, it is just a plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here