Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flycatchers

Titan disaster!!

flycatchers
18 years ago

Arrrrrrrr! Now I know I am the biggest pest in my greenhouse!

Shortly after replacing a hanging basket it them crashed down straight on my magnificent Titan!!

Now itÂs un-potted, roots broken and worse still the leaf is detached from the tuber!

The only bit of good news, though itÂs bad is the discovery of some rot in the newest part of the tuber where the leaf had emerged. It resembles thouse black soft eyes you get in potatoes. It seems isolated to that very top bit of the tuber. The rest of the tuber looks ok apart from todayÂs damage. I removed all this black part till you only had nice white fleshy tissue. I had been careful when watering (or so I thought). With watering around every two weeks once the leaf was in full growth and roots were apparent. The compost is very free draining and I used FredÂs idea of standing on a newspaper afterwards to use it as a wick to remove excess water. But clearly I must have still been over watering. What is the general guide? I have now re-potted the tuber with all its few remaining roots, is it likely to survive? Though I guess it will go into shock and go into dormancy? Any other hints to ensure its best survival, apart from me staying out of the greenhouse!

Cheers

bill

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Elegant Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
VA & DC's Finest General Contractor