Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will seedlings be variegated?

Posted by claysoil z6 PA (vpete@dejazzd.com) on
Sun, Jun 4, 06 at 11:56

Before I offer these seeds for trade, I'd appreciates hearing from more experienced arum growers. I have arum italicum that is variegated. I know that the seeds are viable because there are baby plants around, but at this stage they are all solid green. I am wondering if they will ever develop their parent's white marbling? I won't bother to save seed if "no" is the answer.

Thanks to anyone who can help answer my question.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will seedlings be variegated?

Well, it is my understanding that the variegation continues to get better and better until maturity so maybe this is normal.....I'm sure an Arum expert will help us out on this, but I'd love to get some seed to put out back if you have any extra. I should have some seed of Arisaema nepenthoides in awhile.....assuming the seed heads do not bite the dust before ripening. I assume I'll get some seed on my other Arisaema as well this year, although I make no attempt to pollinate myself so can not guarantee it. Good luck with them :o) Dan

o

I would very much like to see a photograph of these. Are you willing to part with some?

o

Although not my picture, this is what they look like. I think they are pretty common? I don't know the exact variety because they were at my parents' home when the house was purchased.

Here is a link that might be useful: arum italicum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here