Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantomaniac08

Weird Spathiphyllum Leaf

plantomaniac08
10 years ago

I purchased this Spathiphyllum from a local nursery earlier today. I realize it's a little worse for wear and needs some TLC, but I see potential. Sadly, I'm not even sure which PL this is, other than it has leaves that resemble larger specimens I've seen (again, I believe it needs some TLC). I have a couple of questions regarding this plant, as I've noticed some weird "things" about it that I've never seen before.

First, it appears to have bloomed back to back (no leaves produced after the first bloom, but a second bloom was produced). Is this normal/common? I've had some PLs in my day but I've never seen one bloom back to back before.

Second, It has this odd leaf that looks like it was produced right before the first bloom appeared. Not sure if this is part of the first flower in some odd way or if this is just an odd leaf. Is the way this leaf looks normal/common (if it's not part of the first flower)?

A picture of the plant overall (I realize it's leaning, where they had it placed at the nursery, it was almost completely underneath the shelf overhead so I believe it was leaning for more light):
{{gwi:386784}}

A picture of the weird leaf:
{{gwi:386786}}

A side view picture of the weird leaf (hard to tell, but it connects to the stalk of the first bloom):
{{gwi:386788}}

Thanks!

Planto

Comments (5)

Sponsored