Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bug_girl

Pink Mist Calla not very pink

bug_girl
17 years ago

I am unhappy with Pink Mist, because it fails to be pink enough, under garden conditions. The white calla can be a super invasive nuisance plant. The flower is just like a white one with the slightest hint of pink. I tried it in containers at first to over come the invasive problem, but it did not like containers. In the ground it has bloomed, but many of the flowers got sun burned, and dried up and died. If you like the big white ones, this one is pretty much the same. Then you might like Pink Mist, if you have room for it, and donÂt mind it multiplying like crazy.

If you look it up on line, the photos have been doctored, and photographed under certain lighting conditions, this is not a pink flower. It is white was a tiny dash of pink near the base, which is only visible if you look inside the flower. From the outside it looks just like the white one.

It was going to a plant swap, but now it is going into the city compose bins. I donÂt have time to deal with finding someone to trade with, and I have a very small garden with limited space.

I have a small black calla, that is doing great. The black flower is really black. I prefer to dwell on successful plants. I also purchased a small pink, but it has the same problem of being white. The darker pinks ones were successful, it is just the lighter pinks that go white and also sunburn.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living