Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
williamsoncd

zizi plant

williamsoncd
9 years ago

Hi-
I've got a question regarding the zizi plant. I've had my ZiZi plant for probably 6 or 7 years now. In that time I have repotted it twice (as it has gotten rather large). I repotted it today actually. My ZiZi is rather droopy. The pot it was originally in was clay/ceramic, tall (12"+) but not very wide. The new pot is also clay, 12" deep and 13.5" wide at the mouth and tapers to probably about 6-8" diameter at the base. The plant appears very healthy. The roots were healthy, compact and just very slightly moist. I even had a few blooms this year. But, for some reason, I have a lot of stalks (30% of them if I had to guess) that are quite limp and droopy. It's a situation I would most likely compare to when a plant gets too leggy and the base can't support the top growth. But, in my case, the base seems sturdy, but the limbs are leaning and drooping quite a bit. Not like most others I have seen where the zizi stands up straight and the stalks are clustered together in a nice tight bundle. Any insight as to what the cause is? Too much sun, not enough sun? I only water the plant about once a month, which seems to have worked out fine.

Comment (1)

Sponsored