Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynne48

Plant Delights Has Giant Upright Again! Limited!

susanlynne48
18 years ago

Got an e-mail from Plant Delights that they have a limited number of the giant upright EE back in stock. $22 price tag. FYI...

Susan

Comments (10)

• lariann
    18 years ago

Susan,

I went over to Plant Delights and checked and the one they have listed at $22 is the Alocasia x portora (they have it listed as "portodora"). With the weather warm, this is the time to put one in the ground all right; the ones I have that are seedling selections (not tissue culture clones) are already massive and the summer has just begun.

LariAnn

Here is a link that might be useful: Aroidia Research - Alocasia x portora

• cactusfreak
    18 years ago

The one Plant Delights has is a Colocasia giant Thailand strain.
    But is is now sold out again.

Here is a link that might be useful: Colocasia

• susanlynne48
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yes, I know. I checked this morning and it was still being offered, but by afternoon, they were gone. I ordered Sunday night as soon as I got the e-mail around 7:30 p.m., so I'm hoping I'm one of the lucky ones.

I also ordered C. 'Ruffles'. I have wanted this for a long, long time, and since the order for the Thai giant was under the $35 limit, thus, I needed to order something else, I thought, why not?

Yeah - I hope I'm one of the lucky ones.

P.S. I think they said they would have more in a month or two. Will it be too late to plant then?

Susan

• bihai
    18 years ago

Gosh I have a field full of Ruffles...I would have traded you some! I have a field full of Chicago Harlequin too.

• cactusfreak
    18 years ago

I didn't get my e-mail from PD until 8:13 Tuesday night. I put one in the cart right away.
    If I plant mine outside I intend to dig it up and transplant it to the greenhouse in the ground. Or I may just plant it in a very very large pot then transplant it outside early next year.

• MacDaddy
    18 years ago

DARN!!!!

• susanlynne48
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I got an e-mail from PD today stating they were out of the Thai Giant, but would have more stock in a few weeks. I don't know if that means I got one or not. I did get an e-mail confirming my order, with an order #, etc., but still don't know for sure. Probably not....sigh....., but wonder if that means they will send the 'Ruffles'. Their minimum order is $35 which means that half of that order is $21 (I think the Thai was $22, and the Ruffles was $20).

Bihai - I don't have anything that is big enough to be "tradable" yet, but eventually would love to trade! I haven't even thought of checking around on the forum first because I don't have anything yet, except the common stuff.

Susan

• cactusfreak
    18 years ago

Same with me. I got a confirmation email with order #.
    I emailed PD and ask if I got one or not. Even they don't know because they might have 'over sold'.
    If so it will be mailed 7/13. But if not they will reserve me one for the Aug. shipment.

• raymikematt
    18 years ago

Does anyone have any Colocasia gigantea from their original stock? When i first got mine 3 years ago it easily got a 10 foot spread. I think the key to growing those forms bigger is taking away the multiple pups that appear each spring.
    Michael M.

• ellenmarie
    15 years ago

I just bought a Colocasia gigantea Thailand Giant Strain from Plant Delight Nursery. They just came in stock today. I went a little crazy and bought 2 others. Coffee cup & Black runner. I've been growing EE for 4 or 5 years, just the regular kind that you buy at Walmart. I've got some illustras too that are doing quite nicely.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor