Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help my Peace Lily *sigh*

Posted by shenue z7 MD (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 29, 07 at 22:08

I have had this peace lily for 6 years and it has always done well. This past week so many of the leaves have started turning yellow. I repotted it last year and this year it went crazy with a blooming period that is just now ending. I gave it some plant food the other day in hopes of stopping the yellowing leaves. I just don't know what's wrong with it and I'm afraid it is going to die. I've checked it for mites or any kind of parasites and I don't see a one. I really don't want to lose this plant. It has great sentimental value to me. Any kind of advice that anyone can give to me would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help my Peace Lily *sigh*

Hi
Not sure I can be of much help as I grow them as yard plants both outside and in a shadehouse. Mine always flower heavily in the spring followed by a lot of yellowing leaves
which are soon replaced by new ones.. This is what always happens.
You've never had this happen before.?? How are the leaves replaced?? gary

o

Yes I've had leaves turn yellow and die and are replaced. But never this many at one time. It's probably a good 1/3 or more of the leaves doing it all at once. I've just never seen it do it to this extent before. I'm afraid it's going to die. If anyone might have any ideas?? Goodness I sure would appreciate it.

o

It's looking worse tonight :( This is not good. *sigh*

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here