Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bluebonsai101

Arisaema pics posted

bluebonsai101
18 years ago

I posted a few of my Arisaema pics from this spring so far. Didn't bother with the ones I had posted previously like speciosum, tortuosum, costatum, etc., but I liked these new pics so thought I'd share. Most are common, but a couple less common species as well. Hope you like them and maybe someday I'll get these embedded in a post.....or not :o) Dan

Comments (12)

• kwoods
    18 years ago

{{gwi:387582}}

fargesii

{{gwi:387583}}

engleri

{{gwi:387584}}

grapsospadix

{{gwi:387585}}

intermedium

{{gwi:387586}}

ringens

• bluebonsai101
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hey KW, thanks so much.....I'll need to figure that out sometime. I posted a pic of my galeatum that opened a couple of days ago for you along with one of the many consanguineum, although this one surprised me by coming up very early in the year for this species :o) Dan

• cactusfreak
    18 years ago

Amazing!!! Nice plants.

• bluebonsai101
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Cactusfreak, Thanks.....for some reason the gallery is down so the others are not popping up...oh well. I've got several new ones that I've not flowered before about to open and I'm going to miss them unless they have long lasting flowers....bummer :o) Dan

• plantfreak
    18 years ago

Lovely shots Dan! Did you get a new camera? I really enjoy fargesii and intermedium. I want to get some more of these this year, but I have so little space to grow them. Imbedding photos into text is pretty easy, you just have no to know the right code. Email me and I'll tell you how I do it. PF

• klavier
    18 years ago

Awsome pics.
    Hey Dan, the arisameas you sent me last fall are blooming and I planted them both outside. THEY MADE THE NEW YORK WINTER z5.

• kwoods
    18 years ago

No problem Dan, I should have also mentioned how spectacular your plants look!

The galeatum pic is great too. Hope mine looks like that ;o). Still waiting for it to show. Candidissimum and grifithii are just popping up now with all this hot weather after a long cool spring. Soil temps must have stayed pretty cool this year. Everything is coming up in spurts and in a strange order. Urashima and engleri were in mid May, sikokianum and a Chen Yi oddball flowered around 6/1. Dracunculus v. has flowered but no Alocasias showing at all. About 1/2 my Amorphs have broken dormancy the other 1/2 are just sitting there. Strange.

Been a weird spring so I'm sure the galeatum will be coming soon.

Keep the pics coming!

• bluebonsai101
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi All, back from vacation...I'm whipped!!! Thanks for the nice comments about the pics....same camera, just a better cameraman this year!!!

I had a bunch of species bloom while I was away so no pics of those, but maybe a few more coming :o) I also have a bunch of Amorphs finally breaking dormancy so I hope they grow well this year. My Dracontium has decided to put up a fourth petiole so it looks like it will grow for more than a year straight.....very nice plant and seems easier than some of the Amorphs....atleast while it is small and can go in front of a window :o) Dan

• bluebonsai101
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi again, Posted some more of my recent Arisaema pics as they flowered over the past few days. Hope everyone likes them and I hope that other growers of this genus will post some of their pics as well :o) Dan

• MacDaddy
    18 years ago

Beautiful plants. Even the one that looks like a grumpy bird.

• bluebonsai101
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks MacDaddy, I love these guys since most are quite easy to grow in pots or the ground here in my climate and many are much larger pants than a lot of people realize. I've got costatum, glaeatum, speciosum and tortusoum that are all easily 3 feet plus tall, but they are from very large tubers of course :o) Dan

• bluebonsai101
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I posted a pic of one of my rally large tortuosum. The petiole on this particular one is awesome in my opinion :o) Dan

Sponsored