Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nilber

Where to get Amorphophalus seeds

nilber
18 years ago

Hi everybody.

I am new wiht aroids and i am wondering where to find Amorphophalus seeds. Does anyone has or know where i can find it?

thanx..

Comments (13)

• dadvet
    18 years ago

Could try baliorchidgarden.com or check out eBay

• bluebonsai101
    18 years ago

Hi,

I should be getting in some Am. corrugatus, kachinensis, asterostigmatus, macrorhizus, cruddasianus and longituberosus seed in a month or two when they are ripe in Thailand. I'm planning on sending them to my friend in Australia that ships me Am. galbra and Dracontium sp. since I can not send him tubers. Contact me if any of these are of interest and I may be able to get you some as well :o) Dan

• bluebonsai101
    18 years ago

Hi Nilber,

My attempts to e-mail you are bouncing back. I'm not sure why, but please try to e-mail me directly rather than using GW to see if that will work out for me. I'd like to talk to you about aroids from Brazil that maybe you can help me find and we can arrange a trade or two :o) Dan

• treefern
    18 years ago

For commercial vendors look at the table: http://www.amorphophallus.baumfarn.at/

greetings
    Peter

• nilber
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi everybody.
    I really have a problem here. All the nurseries i visited on the web doesn´t ship to Brazil. I think that the only way to get an Amorph. bulb or seeds is buying it from someone on the forum.
    So please, if anyone has a bulb or some seeds of any amorp. species contact me, please!!!
    Thanx a lot.

Hi Dan!

Are you interested in selling some of those seeds?
    Tell me more about the Brazilian aroids you are interested in, maybe i can find some.
    contact me at: nilber@soon.com , (it´s working now.)

Thanx...

• nilber
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi again

and what about KONJAC? i heard that this is a commom one. I would love to have one.

• ccdisce
    18 years ago

nilber, I have 5 A Konjac corms growing on the front stoop of the house. I plan to self polinate at least 2 of them soon and if you wish I could send you a few seeds. Keep in touch

• nilber
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Wow, it would be great.
    But how long it takes to the seeds to get mature before self polination?

• nilber
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Wow, it would be great.
    But how long it takes to the seeds to get mature after self polination?

• ccdisce
    18 years ago

nilber,
    I would say about 6 months from now.
    This is the first time that I am pollinating AK and I have been told that the female flowers mature first with the male later but by the time that the males are ready the females are past their prime so I will have to use different flowers.
    This is why I have 5 plants growing at the moment hoping that the spread in the blooming time will match up with the male/female maturity time. The pollen will come from the first to bloom, and after the pollen is ready, and go to the second to bloom, pollen from the second will go to the third and so on..... Seeds should be possible from plants 2,3,4,or 5.

• nilber
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Very interesting.
    With cross pollination the genetic variability of the seeds is bigger.

I hope for your sucess.
    Good luck!

Nilber

• bluebonsai101
    18 years ago

Hi Nilber,

I'll try e-mailing again. I should say that konjac may not be a good choice for you....I understand that in places like Miami, FLA they do not do as well because it is too hot.....or so I heard from a couple of people. Other more troical species may be your best bet. As for shipping....I can surely try a tuber this coming fall if you want one....they are basically weeds once you have one and so getting rid of them can be tough sometimes....I'll see how many I get out of the ground next fall and can likely send you two clones so that you can get seed if you want them in the future. I should have seed of a half-dozen sopecies in a month or so that can be easily shipped to you!! I'll e-mail you about Brazilian aroids in a bit :o) Dan

• gaolining
    16 years ago

ccdisce:i can't find Konjac seed in American ,can you give me some your Konjac seeds?or i could pay your money .
    i will very appreciate!
    my add:PO.Box 958 Carpinteria CA 93014
    LiNing Wolf

Sponsored