Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Xantasoma Atrovirens Albo Marginata/Variegata

Posted by kew_tip Z9 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 6, 07 at 7:04

I was fortunate to be offered an offshoot of this plant, but unfortunately I received only a six inch piece with two leaves and NO tuber or roots! I have placed it in a glass of water, but fear that there is no hope of progating it.

Can anyone offer any advice as to how to save it or should I resign myself to the fact that it is just not going to make it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Xantasoma Atrovirens Albo Marginata/Variegata

If it had some tuber, I'd say maybe a chance. But I am not sure it will do for you.

o

• Posted by kwoods Cold z7 Long Is (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 6, 07 at 12:41

These guys clone xanthasoma from cuttings. Maybe if you contact them they can give you some info?

"Our lab technicians use scalpels, microscopes and petri dishes, to produce thousands of little plants from a single, tiny growing tip cut from a superior "mother" plant. Our plants are grown on a gelled nutrient rich medium with growth regulators. "

Agristarts

o
RE: Xanthosoma atrovirens

These do not have large tubers as small plants .
I would put it into a small pot with pure sphagnum moss , you should get roots in no time .
Just plant out or repot when rooted well.

o

Thanks everyone for all your help. Aroideana I have followed your advice and am keeping my fingers crossed!!
I will call Agristarts on Monday just to see if they have any further advice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here