Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aharriedmom

Question about Calla Amethyst color

aharriedmom
11 years ago

Hello all! I hope everyone is having a good Sunday morning! I searched the forum and Google but either I'm the only one with this problem or I'm choosing the wrong search terms because I can't find an answer to my question.

I bought a few calla amethyst bulbs (they called them but they look more like rhizomes). I bought them here: http://www.easytogrowbulbs.com/p-879-calla-amethyst.aspx (and there is a picture)

They're growing well - except that the blooms on the two plants that are blooming are white and turn pink (or pink edged) and not purple at all.

Could this be an issue with my soil or their location or is the picture enhanced on the website?

Because I wasn't sure exactly where they'd be happiest here in my climate, I planted two in pots and one in the ground, in three different levels of light. The plant that isnt blooming is the one that is in the ground and it didn't show growth as fast as the other two plants - though the growth that's there now seems healthy.

~

I'm near Valdosta, GA - where we get very hot summers.

The plant that grew fastest and bloomed first is in the most shade, with some dappled sun at various parts of the afternoon.

The "middle growth" plant is in full sun after about 1pm.

The slowest growing is in sun for a few hours during midafternoon.

I appreciate any insight into this beautiful plant!

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to sale page and picture

Comment (1)

Sponsored