Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aso226

Colocasia "Nancy's revenge" - young yellowing leaves??

aso226
10 years ago

My new Nancy's revenge is losing leaves. It might be due to underwatering; I'm not sure, but I tried to remedy that last night.

When I bought it, it was outdoors in part sun and in about 2-3 inches of standing water. Now it is indoors, and was getting watered whenever the soil looked dry.

I also tossed some pearls of a solid 14-14-14 fertilizer (20-20-20 was recommended to me but 14-14-14 was the best I could find) over the soil, but I just did that last night, so I'm not sure what effect that will have.

The issue is that the plant has dropped two of its four leaves, and the two existing ones seem to be on their way out. One is quite limp and refuses to stand up, and the other is yellowing at the edges and curling in on itself. I wouldn't mind, but it hasn't put out any new leaves yet and I don't want it to die.

Leaf stalks look healthy. There are some random plants around its base, so I am a little nervous about those. I didn't think they were doing anything wrong because their roots are so shallow but maybe I should pull them. What do you think? Thank you!

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor