Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cheerpeople

what is the tallest white calla lily called?

cheerpeople
18 years ago

I have seen some in CA that had non- spotted leaves that were bigger than mine and the plants much taller than mine.

Unfortunately they didn't now the name of theirs- and I don't know the name of mine!

I would be easier to order if I knew the name.....

thx

karen

Comments (3)

• krazyaroider
    18 years ago

Karen,
    It is possible that you may have seen the calla lily that is sold by Plant Delights called "White Giant" Zantedeschia aethiopica. In the catalog description, the calla lily was "discovered" and it is described as having foliage around waist high,(the hieght of the describer is unknown!?)and the flower is around 7 foot tall.
    I bought mine this spring and it is growing fantastically well as I feed and water it well. I have it in a 5 gallon black pot and it gets sun most of the day. I am not sure if I will get blooms this year, but the spotted leaves are very ornamental and it is approximately 2 feet tall from the top of the pot.
    KA

• cheerpeople
    Original Author
    18 years ago

KA

I hope you get the height you wanted.
    the bloom in the pic at plantdelights.com is only a few inches above the leaf.

I see that same plant listed as zantedeschia aethiopica in Van Bourgondien (www.dutchbulbs.com) as 24-36" !!!!!!

My tallest calla this year is 33". I have seen them at least a foot taller in CA.
    Karen

• cannahavana
    18 years ago

Karen, how the heck are ya?

I have the giant white from PDN, second year in the ground. The foliage so far is about 3 ft with the blooms just above the foliage. I wish it would get to the advertised height! I just moved it so it looks like crap right now, LOL!

Rebecca

Sponsored