Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beachplant

Rain and the amorphs

beachplant
17 years ago

Well, so far this month we've had at least 20" of rain. 10" over a 5 day period, 3 days later 3", a few days later 2" and now this past 2 days over 5".

I was worried about the amorphs and rotting. They seem to be loving this!! They have ALL sprouted new foliage, the titanium that I thought was dead has 2 new leaves, the konjacs are going nuts, and bulbifer all look like there are multiple bulbs in the pot they have so much foliage sprouting up. One of the paenofolius(I spelled that wrong didn't I?) must think Jack is around as it has grown almost 3' in the last 2 weeks.

All I can say is that Dans mix drains well! They are potted in 1/3 perlite, 1/3 bark and 1/3 miracle gro per his recipe. And I haven't been able to fertilize cause it's always raining! Just think how huge they would all be if they were getting fed.

Thanks Dan for the potting recipe.

Oh, all the other aroids & plants are in seventh heaven. The brugs are covered with blooms, the ragoon creeper has grown at least 10', the passiflora have covered the pecan and are full of blooms, alocasia/colocasia growing by leaps and bounds. You can't walk down a couple of paths anymore! Where is my machete anyway?

Tally HO!

Comments (4)

Sponsored