Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Titanums in the Sahara

Posted by patusho25 z11 Mexico (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 17, 07 at 20:40

they suffered from low irrigation during my vacations and now they look like this. will they survive? the taller one has always been bigger and perhaps it was stronger or either it just got more water than the other two. theyre in shade (strong indirect light).

any advice or fact about them when like this? Im in very hot Mexico (near Mazatln but inland), max 40C, min 28C, humidity 55%, still waiting for a strong rain (dry year). thanks in adance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Titanums in the Sahara

ok, heres the picture.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

el bumpo

o

I have done the same with a large plant , they will come back . Will most likely get another leaf , when they do give some more fertilizer .

o

Yeah, I also think they'll be fine. Just don't overdo the watering now, especially on the burnt two. They'll probably be closing down what's left of those burnt leaves in preparation for the next cycle.

o

This is what I have done when I'm on vacation: place your plants on a sheet of plastic in an area where there is bright light but *no* direct sun. Water them well, and then place a very light plastic sheet (dry cleaner bag, or similar) over them, and tuck it in around the edges.

I have done this with african violets, etc., and they thrived in their mini-greenhouse for almost 2 months. Better to risk fungus than to guarantee death by dehydration, IMHO...

Good luck!

---Rick in CT

o

Thank you all for the clever idea and first hand experience.

Last night had our first "strong" shower and both the smaller ones started pushing a new leaf, hope they make it.

Cheers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here