Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Amophophallus side sprout

Posted by houstonpat 9a (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 1, 13 at 22:33

I haven't seen this type of modification. Have any of you experience with this in an A. paeoniofolius ?

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/HoustonPat/th_amorphsideshoot_zpsafac10e8.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/HoustonPat/th_amorphshoot_zps84c88279.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Amophophallus side sprout

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/HoustonPat/th_amorphshoot_zps84c88279.jpg

One more try

o

there are better knowing posters than me on paeonifolius.. but one of my titanums did just that..
was the oddest thing..

o

Hi
I havent seen that either, but in good years some of mine, esp the konjac, do grow 2 leaves. The second leaf comes from under the soil, so it might look like that underground. Is the tuber close to the surface?
**Could you tell me where the gas station is that grows/ sells the A.p. in Houston?
Thanks
Mike

o

Can't access any of those photos, just get messages the photos have been moved or deleted.

o

I haven't been on this page for awhile. Apparently the method of uploading photos has changed. I'll try to figure it out. Though, you should be able to cut and paste the address.
Mike, the gas station is in Stafford on Murphy Rd, a couple hundred yards south of hwy 90 on the Southwest corner. The grower is Zacharius from southern India. Nice guy. I tried his method of division with great success.

o

For those of us unable to view the pics, WHAT IS IT!
I've tryied everything, I'm sure it's my phone...

I have A. Symonianus and A. yulinsis(sp?)
One of which is putting out a second leaf, it came from right next the the primary stalk, it even slipped under the cataphly of the primary stalk, I took pics but I'm no better at posting them than pat is, it's really alot more complicated that it should be to put a pic in the post, I do it several other plant forums.

o

I did copy and paste but there was a message on the Photobucket page that the image had been moved or deleted. Although, one of the links just comes up with a blamk screen and nothing loads.

It's very easy to upload a photo direct into the post. Immediately below the "Post a Follow-Up" is a box labelled "Image file to upload (optional):".

On the right side of it is a button labelled "Browse". Just click on that and navigate to where the image file is on your computer.

When you do the preview the image will come up. If you edit the text in your post and preview it again you have to reload the photo.

o

found the image here http://s150.photobucket.com/user/HoustonPat/media/amorphshoot_zps84c88279.jpg.html

Ive seen this before in other spp. I have no idea why it happens but it does happen. I even had one konjac sporut the tiny deformed flower at the bace like this. It was purple and it stayed all year, didnt die like a normal flower, it was the strangest thing. It has not done it since.

o

1 2

These pics don't seem to be there but clicking next goes to pics. Paste the HTML code for embedding for pics to show up here.

your library

Nice Amaryllis!

photo Giraffe_zps5902b21c.jpg

o

Thanks to purp I finally saw it!

Pretty bizzarre

Reminds me of the dinner scene is spaceballs, I don't guess it popped and started singing hello my rag time gal tho...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here