Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
philofan

IAS Show Miami September 15-16

philofan
16 years ago

The International Aroid Society's annual show and sale will be held at Fairchild Botanical Garden in Miami on September 15th & 16th.

Now is a good time to make your travel plans.

There will be more information about the sale, presenter, and auction soon. For more information please check the IAS web site.

Here is a link that might be useful: IAS

Comments (6)

• chilehed
    16 years ago

EXCELLENT! I love Fairchild, grew up not far from it and have been there hundreds of times. Will be back home for a b-day celebration that weekend and will try my best to get over there. Thanks for the notice.

• philofan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Fairchild is indeed a very nice location. A great place to visit if you also like palms and other exotics.

{{gwi:389589}}

• raymikematt
    16 years ago

Well, just made my reservations last night so I guess ill see you all there.
    Michael M.

• philofan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Detailed show and sale information has been posted to the IAS web site (aroid.org). This is proving to be a not-to-be-missed event. The featured presenter at Saturday's banquet and auction will be Leland Miyano. Here is an excerpt on Mr. Miyano:

Our featured speaker this year will be the amazing Leland Miyano from Oahu, Hawai'i. Leland is a well-known plantsman & landscape designer, an artist and a veritable plant legend revered for his tropical garden designs (often integrating aroids, of course!) for both the public and private sectors. Leland has also authored many books on related topics, including native Hawaiian plants.

Leland got his start at the feet of Roberto Burle-Marx and spent time in Brazil, where together they collected plants, studied Roberto's plant collections & discoursed on the subjects of art and creating art through plants and landscaping. As one might imagine, that relationship furthered the development of Leland's ongoing collection of rare plants; maintained at his private gardens in Hawai'i.

Following Leland's presentation we will end the evening's festivities with the plant auction featuring many very rare and choice aroids. An online auction will run in conjunction with the live auction.

For more information, please visit aroid.org.

Here is a link that might be useful: 2007 IAS Annual Show and Sale

• philofan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The IAS Show happens a week from Today. We are anticipating a fantastic show and sale this year and an inspiring presentation by Leland Miyano at our annual banquet.

See you there!

• bigdopeywhiteboy
    16 years ago

Greetings to all from a bit further south than usual. Two years ago this weekend at the 2005 IAS show, I met my wife, and we are presently in Mexico City introducing our son to his Great Grandmother.....best wishes to all...we wish we could be there this year, and promise to be back again next year.....have a blast and get lots of great plants.....Andrew, Julie and Robert Schrimsher

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks