Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
difference between dracontium and triphyllum

Posted by chicago311 none (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 19, 12 at 0:35

The difference is clear when the plants are mature, but this time of year, all that remains is the red seed heads. Is there something that can distinguish between jacks and greens when all there is left is a red seed head? So I know what seeds I have?
And also is there a difference between the seedlings of the two? I know jacks have one leaf the first year, and three the next. But what about the greens? I'm not sure if I have ever seen a green dragon seedling?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: difference between dracontium and triphyllum

Going by pictures on the IAS site, it looks like the seed heads of dracontium are a bit larger than those of triphyllum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here