Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New here, having trouble with amorph. konjac

Posted by wednesday z9FL (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 15, 05 at 10:48

Hi,
I have read some other threads but nothing exactly like the situation I have. I bought my first Amorph. Konjac from Home Depot. It was healthy for a month or so, I was keeping it indoors in a south facing window. I would let the top of the soil dry out before watering. I noticed some of the leaves turning a bright yellow so I moved it out onto my covered porch. It has been in steady decline and this morning I noticed the stalk had started to rot. I cut the stalk off and dug up the bulb (which is very small, maybe 3 inches or so in diameter) . I pulled the remainder of the stalk free from the bulb and noticed what appear to be small sprouts (they were growing under a hollow dome in the base of the stalk) it also has some healthy roots. The bulb feels soft though as if its rotting and the soil was very damp around the bulb. I have it out drying. Any suggestions as to if it will survive and what if anything I can do to help the situation. Thank You

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New here, having trouble with amorph. konjac

Welcome, Wednesday. I am growing for the first time, myself, but someone here will help you.

o
RE: New here, having trouble with amorph. konjac

I can barely believe you bought it at Home Depot, but then I, myself, have bought several alocasias/colocasias from HD or Lowe's, so that' why I check them out (usually late summer) to see if they have any goodies. What a catch!

As Bonbon mentions, someone will respond. There are a lot of amorph nuts on this forum (I mean that lovingly, guys).

Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here