Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
source for Arisaema sikokianum

Posted by plantbug 7 NC (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 15, 08 at 12:47

I want to puchase this plant. What nursery have you had good luck with purchasing from? plantbug

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: source for Arisaema sikokianum

????? No one knows.

o

I do not grow this one any more as it is extemely fickle/shortlived for the prices that you pay for it.

Sources - Plant Delights Nursery has it and google Arisaema sikokianum, you should get more sources.

Check out the Arisaema Enthusiast Group website for more information on this Arisaema and others.

o

krazyaroider, Thanks for the info. I had checked with Plant Delights and they were out. I found Lazy SS, they are out. I will check the info you gave me. Thanks so much. plantbug

o

plantbug, i have quite a few little bulbs that i have grown from seed from my sikko. My original 3 bulbs were purchased years ago from Heronswood and they have the silver leaf pattern. They are not at all fussy to grow, even here in a cold zone 5a. E-mail me at vschutt@roadrunner.com Vicki

o

Might have to wait until next spring to order them, but we got nice bulbs here.
Pam

Here is a link that might be useful: asiatica nursery

o

Vicki & Plantbug ~
I find them fussy as they grow good for several years, then suddenly disappear. I also find the price tag for A. sikkokianium steep due to this nature. Why not try Arisaema candidissimum and consanguinum? They are unfussy and will last plus reproduce.
Google/check out the Arisaema Enthusiast Group - you will be glad you did! I only was growing Arisaema triphyllum when I became a member.
Hope this helps...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here