Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hiddenjungle

Comparing Amorphophallus prices

hiddenjungle
15 years ago

Hey i was going to get just the A. titanums until i decided to get a small collection of at least 15 plants, after i emailed efgochids they said they would charge $500 with shipping for...5 A.titanums, 4 A.hewetii, 3 A. bulbifer, and 3 A.prainii, a total of 15 plants the original price for all the plants without shipping was $530, so i looked around and found the Titanumplants.com, when i added the plants there i got 5 A.titanums, 4 A. hewetii, 4 A. paeoniifolius "giant", and 2 A.Bulbifer, on the website it was going for $300 without shipping, so i emailed them if i could get a discount and will still buy from them if they dont because they are $200 cheaper than efgorchids, does anyone else no of other nurseries that have resonable pricing, or do you think it would be best to start a collection buying from ebay? Has anyone ordered from titanumplants? please tell how the plants, shipping, etc was. Thanks

Comments (3)

• aroideana
    15 years ago

The plants from titanumplants .com will be dormant now and will take a while to switch over to your seasons ,,that is presuming they are the same Com. here in Australia.. [very good prices and service , I have heard]

• hiddenjungle
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I live in the us, and was wondering about how much are the phytosanitary certificate fees, and overseas shipping? would it eventually even out to the $500? (like at efgorchids) Also ive heard alot from plant delights too, right now theres only 3 plants i want from them but when i get 5 of each they are at i think $530 w/0 shippping, thats for 5 titanums, 5 prainiis, and 5 konjac 'leos song', do they offer discounts when ordering say a small collection, are there any other nurseries in the us that sell reasonably priced amorphophallus? Not that the ones listed aren't. If i can get all the stuff for titanum plants, i will order from them if it ranges from $400-$550, because if i order anywhere it seems here it is gona cost me at least $500, thanks

• onikid
    15 years ago

I don't know if this is any help, but:

I did order a titanum from PDN, and I ordered five from efgorchids.

I will say that the one from PDN was very healthy an strong. It was really dark green, and right now is pretty tall (haven't actually measured it) with the same leaf that it was just starting to grow when I first got it.

The ones from efgorchids were smaller. Some of them are now on their second leaf since I got them, while a couple are still on their first. I also got a few extras because a couple of them had more than one tuber in the pot.

If you're going to buy in bulk, I'd definitely recommended efgorchids for titanums. Otherwise I'd definitely recommend PDN... although some would say the $50 for it is a bit much when you can get them elsewhere cheaper, after getting it in my hand you can definitely tell it had a good start in life. :)

I'm not so sure about discount, but you could always email and ask. No harm in asking.

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals