Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chris_e_uk

Alocasia ID Mystery.

chris_e_uk
15 years ago

I have a large Alocasia that was labelled Calidora when I bought it but on getting it home, I compared it to my 2 other Calidoras and the leaves have one very different characteristic about them and i will do my best to describe it. On the new Alocasia 'Calidora' (the mystery plant) the basal lobes cut right into the leaf to the stem, but on the other 2 Calidoras that I already have the basal lobes cut stops short of the stem by approx an inch.

This is very obvious when you look at the plant and also becomes very obvious that it is a different species. I have also studied Alocasia Macro' and Odora and neither of these plants have leaves that cut all the way through to the stem, just this plant what ever it is. I thought maybe it might be Alocasia 'Borneo Giant' but having never seen one close up I couldnt say.

I hope you understand the description of the leaf part and the differences and any help in IDing would put my mind at rest. I would post pictures for you to see and compare yourselves but I am not sure how to download.

regards, Chris e

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County