Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Amorphophallus species Thailand

Posted by ogecko Zone 7 MD (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 2, 07 at 16:50

I received this tuber as "Amorphophallus species Thailand" and it is now in bloom for me although Ive only had it for slightly more than two months. This is good, but what is it? Can anyone help me with an ID? The closest that I could come by searching the IAS web site is A. linearis, but the tuber isnt elongated so Im uncertain. I suppose that I can wait to see the leaves, but Im impatient! :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Amorphophallus species Thailand

The plant you have is a Amorphophallus atroviridis i have one just like it. i love the leaves!

o

Thanks for the ID, I think that I'll have to wait for the foliage to confirm it, though: all of the pictures of atroviridis that I could find on the web showed a distinctly pink "cup" and the one that I have doesn't look pink to me. However, there could be natural variation and I AM partially colorblind in the reds & greens!

o

I've got 4 or 5 of these ... think they are rather variable - even the leaves exhibit this whole range of intermediate characters - I've got a few with dark green leaves (the edges are crinkled) and a bright pink rim, and another with lots of spots on the stem and just dark green leaves with a smooth edge. Another friend has got specimens that are inbetween.. its a nightmare trying to ID these plants for sure ! LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here