Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
calidora blooming continuously?

Posted by sandy0225 z5 Indiana (sandy02256@yahoo.com) on
Sat, Aug 23, 08 at 22:21

My Calidora is blooming continously this year. It started in March and it hasn't quit yet. Unfortunately, this has been at the expense of the leaves. They aren't as large as last year at all, only about 3 feet long by 2.5 wide. Do they normally do this when they get older? it's about three or four years old. I've been taking the same care of it, but the weather has been unusually cool at night until recently.
The seedlings from last years seeds are getting big. They should be labeled calidoraXcalidora, correct?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: calidora blooming continuously?

My calidoras flower a lot as well , just took some great pics last night of little bees crawling over the spadix . I also have portei flowering profusely so did a few more pollinations of it onto the calidora . [ Port'o'cal ]
I to collected seeds from my calidora , and was lucky enough to get a few promising small leaf ' Pixie Teardrop' types in the progeny. calidora F2 lable is easier

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here