Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
delphiguy

Amorphophallus selections

delphiguy
12 years ago

Cheers,

After being bitten by the orchid bug and carnivorous plant bug, I have now been bitten by the amorphophallus bug, but with a very limited grow space that is

filled with orchids, nepenthes, hoyas... I'm afraid I am out of space for amorphophallus. I have a few amorphophallus in my collection at the moment and they are:

urceolatus

paeonifolius

salmoneus

dactylifer

unknown sp, from Palawan

rivieri, expecting arrival next week

Its funny that I am now collecting amorphs in full steam, but just 3 years ago, I swore I'll never care for this genus.

Now im thinking of adding the following -- if the wife will still let me

(you think this will do in my condition?)

bulbifer

albus

atroviridis

yuloensis

symonianus

dunii

fuscus

henryi

But then I realized that I am out of space... At the moment space is of no problem since the tubers are dormant, and those that are not are still just

too small to make an impact. So what im thinking now is that, if I am to continue with this addiction, I will have to limit myself to dwarf species,

if there are any... or at least those species that can be grown in full sun in hot tropical Philippines weather, hence im looking for suggestions.

Also is there a website where I could read up on the description of the species? say I want to learn how tall and wide the leaf can be? or that how big the tuber

can get.. etc etc, I know there's aroid.org but I cant seem to find information i am looking for.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner