Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID Please Not Sure Is Aroid

Posted by pitter_col (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 20, 10 at 10:07

I photographed this plant while on the Pacific coast of Colombia. I don�t know if it�s an aroid. Can anyone point me in the right direccion?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID Please Not Sure Is Aroid

• Posted by izhar Karachi, Pakistan/ 1 (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 21, 10 at 2:53

This is an Aroid known as Giant Golden Pothos (Epipremnum aureum). This is an adult specimen.

Izhar

o

Izhar thank you so much! One question though. According to what I read it is native to asia, no mention of South America so is my speciman probobly planted?

o

• Posted by izhar Karachi, Pakistan/ 1 (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 22, 10 at 1:24

Following link mentions its origin in Australian continent and in other areas it is introduced, this website is from one of prolific contributor of this forum Mr. Steve and I think most probably he is attending an Aroid convention right now or he would have replied you before anyone of us..

Here is a link that might be useful: Epipremnum aureum

o

I have shown the photos to several experts in this species and all agree this is Epipremnum aureum. Pete Boyce is the botanist that finally found the origintation point for this species and he immediately said it was E. aureum.

It is now extremely invasive in Hawaii, Malaysia and parts of the Caribbean. I just hope it doesn't take over that part of Colombia.

Izhar, thanks for posting the link while I was in Miami.
all of you need to join us next year for the IAS show. The plants on display as well as those for sale by vendors were incredible!

Steve

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here