Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
exoticrainforest

Thanks a million!

exoticrainforest
14 years ago

I wanted to thank everyone that collects and loves aroids for visiting my Exotic Rainforest website over the past few years. The site went on-line on December 6, 2005 and sometime during the week of Sept. 13, 2009 will record the 1,000,000th hit. I've placed a running counter at the top of the homepage so I can see when the millionth hit happens but just in case you're curious you can see it at the link below.

The Exotic Rainforest is a non-commercial site and we offer nothing for sale so I'm personally very surprised at how many folks have taken the time to visit. Over 400,000 of the total hits have happened in the last 12 months and I have a sneaking suspicion this will happen while we are at the International Aroid Society show in Miami on either Saturday the 19th or Sunday the 20th of this week.

I hope to see you there and thanks "a million" for making this happen!

Steve

Here is a link that might be useful: The Exotic Rainforest

Comments (3)

• dellis326 (Danny)
    14 years ago

#1004548, I missed the counter before. I love your site I must go snooping around in there at least 2 or 3 times a week!

Thanks to you for the work you've done putting it together!

Dan

• diane_v_44
    14 years ago

Hope you had a terrific time at the show, Steve

• exoticrainforest
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks to you both. I didn't put the counter on the page until last week although I've been watching it for months. The site isn't commercial and we sell nothing so it just didn't seem to be needed until others encouranged that I add it. I certainly do appreciate all the support so thanks for visiting the site.

The show was great! I always find 5 or 6 new specimens to bring home and this year was no exception. The folks at Ecuagenera have been very kind for several years to allow me to look through their boxes as they are opened and once again I found several very large plants I just couldn't live without. One was a Philodendron verrucosum with 18 inche leaves. I've never seen one that size so it was the first one I grabbed.

My interests now are in extremely exotic pendent leaf plants that have very long blades that hang downward so I found several new species to hang from the rafters. As soon as they grow some I'll add them to the site but one appears to be a brand new species so at this point I'm not sure I'll have a name.

Next year more of you need to plan to join us in Miami! The show is always great fun and if you love aroids you just can't leave without some new plants! Several of the IAS board members are on this forum so I'm sure you'll hear more well in advance of the next show!

By the way, the Mid America chapter of the International Aroid Society is having a meeting in November at the Myriad Center Botanical GArden in Oklahoma City so please join us if you are interested in any tropical species. There is a post on this forum about the meeting. Besides, by November we'll all need a trip to a good botanical garden!

You don't need to be a member of the IAS to attend since we are far more interested in meeting people that love tropicals than anything else. We'[re inviting orchid groups and any other plant lovers to attend.

One more thing. My atrium is open to the public all the time and all you need do is visit the Exotic Rainforest website to find my phone number. Come visit since we love to visit with folks that grow tropical plants.

By the way, I'm working form an old laptop so if this is full or typos please forgive me! I can barely read this tiny screen!!

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler