Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
martina_deluca

IAS show and sale/Did anyone go?

Martina DeLuca
16 years ago

I picked up Alocasia Infernalis. I hadn't heard of this one prior to the sale. Of course I picked up a few other things too. Had a great time. Did anyone else from Gardenweb go?

Comments (3)

• greenelbows1
    16 years ago

Wish I could have. I've seen some pictures. Drove me nuts! (Some would say that's a short drive.)

• philofan
    16 years ago

I've never seen so many plants for sale since first attending 3 years ago. The big rush went on Saturday morning, and by noon, LOTS of plants were sold (but which plant sale doesn't work like that?). Many left with smiles on their faces. Some left with as much as they could carry or cart out, and some came back for seconds.

{{gwi:391919}}

{{gwi:391921}}

{{gwi:391922}}

• exoticrainforest
    16 years ago

Yep, and I think there was a great time had by just about all. The best part as far as I was concerned was seeing Trisha Frank receive a specimen of Anthurium trishafrankiae, the new species collected by Dr. Croat in Columbia and named in Trisha's honor. As soon as I can get photos I plan to post a page with the plant photo and scientific description in her honor. The only hang up now is the plant is not officially published just yet so we're waiting on Dr. Croat to get that accomplished.

Plents everywhere!

Sponsored