Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
IAS show and sale/Did anyone go?

Posted by aroidgardener 9b (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 22, 07 at 15:25

I picked up Alocasia Infernalis. I hadn't heard of this one prior to the sale. Of course I picked up a few other things too. Had a great time. Did anyone else from Gardenweb go?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: IAS show and sale/Did anyone go?

Wish I could have. I've seen some pictures. Drove me nuts! (Some would say that's a short drive.)

o

I've never seen so many plants for sale since first attending 3 years ago. The big rush went on Saturday morning, and by noon, LOTS of plants were sold (but which plant sale doesn't work like that?). Many left with smiles on their faces. Some left with as much as they could carry or cart out, and some came back for seconds.

o

Yep, and I think there was a great time had by just about all. The best part as far as I was concerned was seeing Trisha Frank receive a specimen of Anthurium trishafrankiae, the new species collected by Dr. Croat in Columbia and named in Trisha's honor. As soon as I can get photos I plan to post a page with the plant photo and scientific description in her honor. The only hang up now is the plant is not officially published just yet so we're waiting on Dr. Croat to get that accomplished.

Plents everywhere!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here