Tue, Sep 12, 06 at 16:37

Philodendron Imbe variegated with Philo Warscewiczi
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Syngonium "Confetti" with an unidentified Dieffenbachia
image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few of my favorites

Hey, fancy meeting you here! Beautiful pictures of beautiful plants, as always, Bihai. You going to the convention? Sure do wish I could go.

o

• Posted by
    plant.babies Zone 7-8
    (gw:plant.babies) on
    Sat, Sep 16, 06 at 13:20

Wow Bihai -- the first picture looks a lot like a cutting I got from a friend. I thought it was Pothos, but now I am wondering it it is actually Warscewiczi!

The leaves are very tiny right now - I'm trying to grow it.

:)
thanks for the pics

o

Bihai -
I have that exact variegated Philodendron Imbe (plant on the upper left in your top image) and wasn't sure how to identify it. It is one of my favorites as well. Would you know the exact name? I found thru a Google Search, an image of Philodendron Imbe Variegata, but the photo I found did not really resemble this plant though perhaps it is Variegata? Thanks in advance.

o

I wish I could, but I can't! I have three of these. All bought/obtained from different sources. All labeled as Philodendron imbe variegata. All slightly different. All seem to be large growers. The leaves on them have gotten 10-12 inches long. All are vigorous climbers.

o

I meant to tell you how very lovely your photos are. They are very beautiful!! I have had that one for quite some time, and it has become quite large and I have it growing in several places now. I found this photo of it that I took a few years ago. I will try to update a more recent photo.
Thank you so much for the reply!

o

Thanks surfbreeze! Your plants are great too! I went out this afternoon after I posted and measured the leaves on mine...I was wrong. Not 10-12 inches. More like 15-16 inches! They are getting really big.

o

I got my plant of this probably 20+ years ago and was labelled P. domesticum variegata. Now I see it at Aroid Society booths at botanic garden sales labelled P. ilsemannii. They insist that's correct. I do also see it on the internet as imbe variegata, imbe albo-variegata, etc. I honestly think domesticum varieg is correct. My plants of this in the ground under oaks have leaves over 2 feet long and 12 to 13 inches wide. It's always been one of my favorites, pretty common now among collectors and the general public alike. I don't know how to post a picture here or I would, I'm pretty computer-illiterate.

Russ
central Fla

o

Forgot to mention, Bihai. I think the plant in the picture with Philo warscewiczii is not a Dieffenbachia,
but is Schismattoglossis calyptrata.
Russ

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here