Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
love_the_yard

Should I Buy a Philodendron 'Burle Marx'?

A local nursery has large 3-gallon plants of philodendron 'Burle Marx' for $15. It this a plant worth owning? I want your opinion. I couldn't decide and so I did not buy one (yet). They were very healthy and they had about eight of them available. I have never before seen this plant in any Jacksonville nursery - fancy or big box.

It seems that I will have to work to keep it from getting gangly and leggy, and I will have to provide something for it to climb on. (The plants at the nursery were wound round and round within their large pots.) Also, I will have to bring it inside for frost or freeze. From what I have been able to find, it doesn't have a noteworthy bloom.

I can't decide if I really want to mess with this plant or not. Part of me only wants it because it is a little rare/unusual. But I have seen many a "rare" plant show up in Home Depot and Lowes after frequent mentions on GardenWeb.

Interestingly, on the tag it said "Philodendron Burly".

Do you have this plant? Are you looking for this plant? Do you love it? Or could you part with it?

Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Google Images - Philodendron 'Burle Marx'

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County