Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A. Titanum

Posted by klavier z4 Bing, z5 Pou (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 14, 05 at 22:19

Anybody know of anyone who is selling amorphophallus titanum seeds or seedlings that is willing to take cash and is not charging an arm and a leg? I am trying to aquire one for the greenhouse here at Binghamton U. If not, I could trade, but I doubt I have anything that someone might want for a titanum seed/seedling, but I could try. Name requests. When they divide something at the green house and they don't want any more divisions of it, they toss it or give it away. They don't want to do trading themselves, because they are afriad of introducing pests to the green house, but they were willing to take my amorphs (dumb decision, now I have very little stock to work with). They grow very well in the green house though. I would rather the plants do well in the green house and not really be mine anymore, than in the dorm room and dying ( I have a north facing room with two large oaks in front of the window, I need to turn the light on during the day to see. I can't put plants outside because they disappear or get tossed around by some drunk)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A. Titanum

Hawii50 on this forum as some small seedlings.....

o

I have a few A. titanum seedlings, and I would be glad to donate one of them to Binghamton U. since that would enable many people to enjoy the plant. However, I think the best way to ship it would be to wait until it goes dormant and to send the tuber. If that is acceptable to you, please have Binghamton U. send me a letter requesting the tuber (email me for my mailing address), with assurance that the plant will be cared for.

o

• Posted by klavier z4 Bing, z5 Pou (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 15, 05 at 16:41

Sounds great, I will talk to the director. And show him the post. Will get back to you.

o

Jungle Paradise Orchids had them for $40.....I think that is about as cheap as you can expect. Honestly, if the director is willing to spend $50 they can get 5 seed and they are trivial to germinate and then he will have a whole titanum colony :o) Dan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here