Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Meet Pappy, young over weigh konjac.

Posted by grabmebymyhandle 6 Kentucky (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 22, 12 at 1:59

Pappy is 3 years old and very attractive...

He enjoys warm afternoons spent lounging in the dappled light.
As well as long hot nights filled with high nitrogen mixed drinks and the booming rhythms of "Senior Bullfrog and the really just way too loud cicada band"
Dont worry they play all next too just post your pics here im sure Pappy will be happy to accommodate everyone in need of a good "amorphophallus", some time around thanksgiving it looks like :D

Amorphophallus (from Ancient Greek amorphos, "without form, misshapen" + phallos, "penis"

Fun, right? Seriously tho its about time to be uncovering all those juicy tubers. Heres my big konjac, my only amorph worth showing yet, but lets see what ya got. I freakin love the big gnarly taters :D
heres a few more pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/88898514@N07/sets/72157631825370079/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Meet Pappy, young over weigh konjac.

Wow! This is Beautiful! did you grow Pappy from seed? I just received some seeds from EBAY... they are planted now... but now the waiting game begins :)

o

No I traded locally for him earlier this year, he was about half this size then, i have big hopes for next year, hes goin in the ground for the first time. I would really like for him to really get to be a big boy, i read of these getting to 40 or 50 pounds, that would be great!

Did you just get a.konjac seeds? theres alot of cool looking amorph seeds floating around on ebay and with amorphs, you never what each seed will bring, but id likely kill them, i have a horrible track record with seedlings

Thanks for posting tandc123, i was afraid I had layed the innuendo on a bit too thick, and scared away everybody.
goodluck with those seeds

o

Very nice! Here's my 8 pounder dug up about 2 weeks ago:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here