Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Look out metallica, the princess is here!

Posted by grabmebymyhandle none (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 2:33

Got this from brian williams at briansbotanicals.com, it freakin blows plumbea nigra away folks. It has the same basic look and feel, glossy, upright,dark green leaves, with a stunning silvery underside, with contrasting purple veins, purple stems too. It also seems to offset much better. Im going to see how it handles living inside for a bit, i bet it does well.
Its a beautiful hybrid he created and patented, its much more vigorous than metallica too, atleast for me anyway.
Im really lookin forward to it next year, hopefully it will realize its potential size next year, maybe even bloom.
Hats off to brian, its yet another winner!
I wonder what gems he will release next year

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Look out metallica, the princess is here!

from the top

o

this is what a bug sees... C :

o

What a beautiful plant!!! Look forward to updates!

o

That is a nice plant!

o

wow, and my porch is a mess... i hope the old lady doesnt see these photos...

this plants only about 1 year old, its growth rate competed with the colocasias i got from him on the same trip. I actually surpassed all of them exept the thai giant. It had no competition!

it was planted in the ground til 2 weeks ago, at which point i poped it outta the ground and tossed it in the porch, lets hope it does ok...
Thanks for looking

o

Id tell you what he has to release next year but then Id be in alot of trouble..I'll drop you a picture though just can't give you the name or the cross yet until its all worked out. it came in at about 12 feet in a season ;-)

o

nice

o

Grabmebymyhandle, they're selling similar plants to that in the big nurseries here. Unfortunately they're only labelling it "Alocasia", very informative, NOT! Looks like some of the hybridisers here might be on the same track.

Miketropic, I've been trying to find out the name of the plant in your photo for ages. No one seemed to know on any of the forums I've been on. It's a really huge plant, towers over top of you.

o

yea, i was out there in july , he gave me the tease garden tour, his trial gardens. looked like some pretty promising stuff, i had hopes of going back before frost to see how big they got and what not.

he prolly trashs more aroids yearly than most of us ever own.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here