Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Abundant Alocasias and Copious Colocasias

Posted by grabmebymyhandle 6 Kentucky (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 2:57

I posted in the plant EX but havent gotten the responses i really want, cuz i want some new amorphs really, I would settle for most any bulb producing aroid I dont have.

What i have to offer is
*Abundant Alocasias*

*california* dwarf green leaf EE to 3 feet tall-I can pop starts off them at any time

*odora* i have a few ready to chop the leaves off, unpot and ship

*frydek* about 12 good quarter sized bulbils available, the rest ill keep. What ever hasnt been traded for in about a week will be plated for next year.

*Copious Colocasias*
*Violet stem* aslo now being sold as proven selections *Heart of the Jungle* Gets big if planted out, to 8 ft nice velvety green leaf, dark purple stem, VIGOROUS, even invasive if left unchecked in tropical areas, it produces runners to 8 feet, blooms regularly
*lots of these available*

Thanks for lookin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Abundant Alocasias and Copious Colocasias

I'll have to come take a look at them in the spring. might trade you somthing. you asked in the other thread how many plants I have..here just the colocasia I'm growing and theres a few more on order. like pokemon got to collect em all

Lemon Lime Gecko
Red Eye Gecko
Elepaio
Diamonds Head
Black Coral
Blue Hawaiian
Mojito
Green ruffles
Black Ruffles
Black Magic mini
Mammoth
Coffee cups
Thai Giant
Maderia
Elena
Illustris
Sangria
Black stem
Pinapple princess

most I have doubles or more than one bulb some I have a few hundred just depends on how long Ive been growing that species.
The list gets alot longer when you add the bananas,cannas,gingers,alocasia and other random tropicals

o

Not ignoring this, but all I have is Colocasia esculenta...

o

The only Alocasias I seem to be able to do any good with are the "Jewels", like reginula, melo, "Poly", cuphrea (?), etc., or some of those that grow in water or semi-immersed, like cucullata. The others get their tubers eaten away by something that I've never been able to identify. I suspect a fungus or bacterium.

o

there are a few of the "jewels" that I want to try but there rare and expencive

o

Which Jewels are those?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here