Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have a picture of Colocasia 'Nancyana', 'Nancy's Revenge'

Posted by rsieminski 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 20, 05 at 16:48

I just got a baby off of ebay, but it does not have an cream on it at all. Was the wrong plant shipped, or does the color come as the plant grows?
Thanks,
--Rick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have a picture of Colocasia 'Nancyana', 'Nancy's Reven

Hey Rick,
The star pattern will develop as the plant matures.
Randy

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Nancys Revenge

o

Randy,
Thanks bro!
You have everything.

o

They sometimes have the stripe even when very young. I am not sure whether its age or season that makes the stripe appear sooner or later. The picture I am attaching shows a mature stand with plants that are about 4 1/2 ft tall, overall individual leaves measure about 12+ inches. But I also have potted pups from this same plant that are only 2-3 leaves and only stand about 12-15 inches and are already sporting a distinct stripe. Could the development of the stripe be related somehow to day-length? More hours of sun, stripe develops late, shorter days, stripe develops early?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

Another great picture.
Thanks!

o

• Posted by Hen11 z7 Eng UK (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 22, 05 at 5:53

hey bihai, that looks like a lovely glasshouse!

can you post some more photos? i'm just making mine now and i'd like to think about how to set out thebeds and the pond.

o

Hi Hen11, yes I will post some more photos if you like. This photo is actually the outside of the greenhouse, North side. I have bananas, gingers, philodendrons, Ti leaves, bromeliads, brugmansia and many types of elephant ears and other plants planted all around the exterior grounds of the greenhouse. The inside is devoted to housing mainly my collection of Heliconias and some "ultra tropical" gingers like Etlingeras, and orchids which cannot be grown outdoors here year round even in our brief winter period. Let me cull the best of my photos.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here