Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Joseph Merricks foot?

Posted by grabmebymyhandle 6 kentucky%21 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 27, 12 at 22:28

Its really a...maybe we should play a game?

anybody got a guess?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Joseph Merricks foot?

What size are we looking at?

o

I suppose a little more info is fair, I plan on posting a new pic daily until you guys give.
As you can see from this pic it is almost exactly 5" from the tip of the "big toe" to the tip of the "heel" :D
Its a little over 4 inches across the widest point

o

Caladium ....?.

o

Nope not a caladium... Thanks for playing please try again!

heres todays pic, shows the under side of the foot, it is very foot like in person, I wish I was a better photographer... oh well.

Im havin fun with this i hope its not annoying...

o

Zantedeschia?

o

looks more like a ginger rhizome than the guess above

o

These are Z. albomaculata corms. They do get much more gnarly although I've never seen them as gnarly as Joseph Merricks foot.

o

: ( eclayne the winner!

sorry i was slow to respond

to be precise it is the variety known as captain murano, i had bought a few of the callas on sale for people, i kept this one for my old lady, I had no idea what was inside, i would have bought more.
thanks !
Im tracking down the rest i set out, the weather has certainly taken a turn for the worse here, how much winter can these guys stand before croaking

o

any one know enough to say what next best step would be, id like to have more of these guys but i also really like the massive tubers.
What size chunks should I cut them into to get sveral tubers this size?

How big can these tubers get?

Im concerned I should replant and start them soon they dont seem to be keeping as well as I had hoped, it wont be long and i can replant them.
Would that be my best bet? If so, when?

Thanks guys here the rest of the pics of the elephant man tuber family, honestly ill grow a few dozen pot full of callas every year, even tho im not wild about them, just to have that tuber, these guys are super gnarly, id love a 20 pounder!
plants 433
plants 428
plants 439

plants 427
plants 425
plants 426
plants 436
plants 437

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here