Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone use Messenger on their aroids?

Posted by etropicals z10FL (flfireman1@yahoo.com) on
Thu, Nov 3, 05 at 0:03

After having read up on Messenger (http://www.edenbio.com/usa/homeproducts/) I was wondering if anyone has tried using this product on their aroids and what results they got.

A couple of different folks posted their results after using this product on other forums here and their results were pretty impressive.

I ordered a couple of packets and will post results if no one else has.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone use Messenger on their aroids?

• Posted by KWoods Cold z7 Long Is (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 3, 05 at 9:39

I played w/ messenger this year on a few things, mostly not aroids. The A. bulbifer I gave it to did well but I really didn't have any kind of control to compare it to. The results were not overly dramatic compared to the other species I grow which didn't get messenger. I also gave all my amorphs a lot of bloom booster so it's hard to know what effect the messenger had. Another thing I tried was adding powdered aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) to the fertilizer mix. I know, very "mad scientisty" but I read that it can help plants increase thier own immunity to things like fungus. Again no controls, lots of fert but both plants did well and tuber size increased from the year before.

Interested to hear others experiences w/ messenger.

o

I just bought Messenger this fall to try next spring. The fact that it's a protein and I could find scientific papers on it sold me--I'm a sucker for "real science" kind of things.

o

I used it on one that I thought was a goner and was surprised to see it some back to life really fast. I only sprayed it once and in the spring it will get sprayed! I'm a believer! Here is our webshot site.

Here is a link that might be useful: karma 'Happy Toes' Garden

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here