Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bountyhunter_grower

Large Bird's nest type Anthurium

Anthurium Crassenervium has undulated leaves that can grow 5-6'. It has a burgundy spadix with a green spath. Seed , seedlings, and plants are available. Variegated ones are expensive.....unless you have somthing equally nice to trade. chumleyrobert@html.c

Comments (17)

• bluebonsai101
    15 years ago

Do your selling on ebay!!!!!

• chris_e_uk
    15 years ago

Go away man!

• bountyhunter_grower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You gentlemen may like to review the "Terms of Service Agreement" by "iVillage". I have not offered to "sell" you anything......but only to "trade". But, you may be in violation of the "Terms of Service Agreement" by harrassing me and your unkind statements and your behavior.

• bihai
    15 years ago

Robert,
    take my advice, don't offer as no one here has anything on the caliber that you have available for trade. Unfortunate but true. I know you have nice plants, I have seen you on the Banana.org forum. But you are a collector, not a trader. There won't be many folks who would have anything you want for your rare plants.

• chris_e_uk
    15 years ago

Sorry if my reply seemed a tad hostile but your posts do suggest a selling tone and a competative note about them and not someone who is in keeping with the general 'flow' of this forum.

• bluebonsai101
    15 years ago

Hey man, you come across like an obnoxious brat and you tell us how expensive your plants are......big deal, we all own plants we spend $200-500 on if we are collectors and no one is impressed. At least if you posted some pics so we could see your "expensive" plants we could comment on how nice they are rather than you just trying to impress us by saying I bet we do not own it......I have no use for Anthurium at all, but could still appreciate a decent pic!!

• aroideana
    15 years ago

stick with your Cycad hybrids , now they are impressive

• bountyhunter_grower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you aroideana, for the advice. Yes , it is true, I have many years work with my 'cycas hybrids by Chumley' .....such as: Cycas Taitungensis X Panzhihuensis2008......Cycas Revoluta X Guizhouensis2007.......Cycas Taitungensis X Guizhouensis 2005.....Cycas Taitungensis X Revoluta 1995.....ect. But, I like all plants...even Anthuriums, which I first started collecting in the wilds of Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras and Panama in the early seventies. In fact, I was the first one to bring in 10,000 tubers of "Anthurium Clarenervum" in 1978 after it had been on the 'Quarantine List'and prohibited for over 20 years prior to then. "Collectors" as you call them, didn't mind that.

• bountyhunter_grower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you, behai, You are the one with the impressive collection.....for sure. I've seen your list, and I was definately 'blown away'. By the way , you expressed a desire "to obtain" a Variegated Anthurium Crassenervium, some monthes ago, which "I wrote your name on", and am still holding for you. Sorry, I lost youre mail & address. I think it is a 'tri-color' , by the way. Thanks, Robert C.

• bountyhunter_grower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Come on guys, you want to talk aroids......or not? If you spend $200-$500 per plant (and no one is impressed?), no wonder you're in such a foul mood. I would be also. (but ,you are absolutely my kind of person). I think I understand now why you obviously hate people who 'sell plants'. But I am perplexed though, If you have No Use for Anthuriums......why are you on this forum?

• chris_e_uk
    15 years ago

"No use for Aroids"?, $500 on a single plant, GET A PERSPECTIVE MAN!!!!!

• fernaly
    15 years ago

Sounds to me like bountyhunter is just trying to stir up a little excitement on this forum. Even if he is trying to sell, shouldn't it be iVillage that puts a stop to it not us.

Bountyhunter, I would love to be able to afford to travel the world and collect plants. Unfortunately I have to work for a living, I obviously am in the wrong line of work. LOL

I agree with you that Bahai has an impressive plant collection. I have bought from her on e-bay and can say that she has great plants. When I grow-up I'm gonna have a greenhouse just like Bihai's. I'm only 48, reckon I still have time. : )

• bihai
    15 years ago

Hi fernaly,
    my eBay days are long over. I closed down my mail order nursery business about 3 years ago now. I try to trade now, but rarely get anyone to trade with, especially from Gardenweb. But I am glad you like my plants, LOL.

Robert, I would love to trade for that plant, but I don't think I have anything to trade with!

• bountyhunter_grower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Actually, bihai, you have listed a few items that I am interested in knowing more about, and I too may have some others that could interest you as well. Your items that were listed were as follows:
    alocasia cucullatavarieg. cv moon landing
    philo.Burle Marx "fantasy"
    anthurium 'superbum'
    anthurium golden glitter varieg.
    beaucarniia "yellow star
    chloraphytum "fire flash"
    nanzan nishiki (South mountain palm)
    zuiko nishiki (palm of sucess)
    koban nishiki
    heisei (the simple palm)
    monstera standleyii varieg
    " varieg yellow
    " cebo blue

• randy_e
    15 years ago

Just stopped by to see whats going on... glad to see everybody getting along:)
    Hey Bob, still have your attack chickens?
    Randy

• bountyhunter_grower
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Randy, I thought you got out of the plant business. You sure had the best variegated plants nation wide. I hope you didn't get rid of all of them. I just thought you were devoting more time to helping Sherm with his education. GOOD to see you back man. Robert C.

• randy_e
    15 years ago

I am totally out of the plant collecting, I gave most of my plants away, time to do other things. I still visit the forums every once in a while.
    Randy

Sponsored