Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
confused_grower

alocasia polly stems breaking/snapping

confused_grower
16 years ago

I think I am killing my alocasia polly and I love it so! I hope to get info to try and save it! I am a beginner as far as plants in general so need you guys' expert knowledge please.

I had a full plant and am down to three leaves. recently, the stems ( which are long) keep snaping over. Why is this happening and how can I stop it. I think I have lost 5-6 leaves this way during the last few weeks.

The other problem is small yellow-brownish spots on leaves and then the leaf dies.

I don't have the hang of how much sunlight and water in needs. It was in the back of the room and kept leaning to towards the window so I moved it by the window, is that too much light?

Do I let the soil dry out before watering. I water once a week. Do i water less in winter?

What does it mean the plant goes dormant in winter...it stops growing new leaves or does it lose all leaves and regrow them in spring.

Again any idea why the stems are snapping over.

Have to apologize for the number of questions I have but I am really at a loss. I apprecaite all the help i can get:-)

Sponsored