Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anthurium cubense

Posted by bihai zone 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 7, 07 at 8:12

This is one of my favorite anthuriums. Its in a pot on th egreenhouse floor, and lives under the shade of a Cananga odorata tree. The ginger close by is the Costus "Kiss of Death".
I'd be interested in seeing other photos of cubense.
It's never set any seeds, but I am hopeful.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anthurium cubense

I've never figured out how to post a photo here. So here's a link. The specimen in the photo is the largest Anthurium cubense I've ever personally seen. It is close to 8 feet tall and was on display at the 2007 IAS show in Miami. The plant was grown by Bill and Denis Rotolante at Silver Krome Gardens in Homestead, FL.

Here is a link that might be useful: Anthurium cubense

o

I have an A. cubense that looks a bit different from yours, Bihai. Mine seems to look more like A. plowmanii but with much larger and wider leaves.

Here it is:

o

Mine is still very young. I'd estimate without going out to measure them that the leaves are maybe 18-24" long. I think it will look more like yours when it gets more size

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here