Return to the Aroid Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what's your favorite calla / zantedeschia?

Posted by Quakey z7 Redmond (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 1, 05 at 2:00

Hi, all. I am a fan of calla lilies, and have been growing them for about two years now, with mixed results. The common Z. aethiopica does well of course, but some of the smaller colored ones (especially blacks I've tried such as Black Forest and Midnight Eclipse) seem less than vigorous. (I swear the tubers got smaller rather than larger.) Millenium Gold on the other hand doubled or tripled the number of flowering size tubers over the course of a single year!

So, I'm curious: what's your favorite type? What have you had particular luck with?

Thanks for any input!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what's your favorite calla / zantedeschia?

My favorites are Neroli, which I guess you would call an apricot color; and Purple Haze, which is purple with yellow edges. I had a lot of Midnight Eclipse in 2004 and they were a fantastic mottled purple or purple with grey/silver, but they got a rot towards the end of the year and didn't survive well. I had a hard time finding them in 2005 and they didn't do anything this year either so I'm giving up on that variety.
Susan

o
RE: what's your favorite calla / zantedeschia?

Thanks! I'll try Purple Haze (if I can find it) as that sounds like an interesting color combo.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Aroid Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here